Business intelligence (BI) comprises various analysis-based methods to extract knowledge and actionable insights from a business that can help identify new opportunities and make informed business decisions. It seeks to extract information from historical data and apply it to future solutions in order to increase enterprises' profit. This process provides practical knowledge as a consultant to managers, business owners, and all business decision-makers. Businesses leverage BI to reduce their costs and risks and improve their communications with customers. BI tools and methodologies lie at the intersection of business analytics, data mining, statistical analysis, data visualization, data infrastructure, and other practices to enable businesses to make effective data-driven decisions.
TechClass Fundamental of Business Intelligence online course will introduce you to the concept of BI and its importance while you will be gradually acquainted with the essential BI topics and concepts as your very first step in your journey to the BI world. By the end of this course, you will learn to think outside the box using BI and aptly state your BI-based attitude toward business problems using the appropriate methods discussed in the course. Moreover, you will get familiar with the BI tools you need to learn to land an exceptional career in the business.
- Learn the basic concepts of business intelligence
- Get familiar with stages of business intelligence
- Learn the importance of business intelligence in the modern data-driven world
- Get familiar with the primary concepts of statistics like population, sample, mean, median, mode
- Get acquainted with some BI tools like Excel and Power BI
- Get familiar with some databases like MySQL and SQL server
- Get familiar with some storage tools like DynamoDB and Mongo DB.
- Get familiar with the importance of visualization
- Learn about data science-related topics
- Get familiar with the data science pipeline
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Intro to Course
- 1.1. Welcome!
- 1.2. About TechClass Data Science Department
- 1.3. Learning Outcomes
- 1.4. Your Expectations, Goals, and Knowledge
- 1.5. Abbreviations
- 1.6. Copyright Notice
Chapter 2: Business Intelligence (BI)
- 2.1. What is Business Intelligence?
- 2.2. The History of BI
- 2.3. Why is BI Important to Business?
- 2.4. BI Key Success Factors
- 2.5. Data Collection
Chapter 3: How to Prepare for Business Intelligence?
- 3.1. How to Become an Expert in BI
- 3.2. The Business Rules Approach
- 3.3. Analytical skills
- 3.4. Basic Statistical Knowledge
- 3.5. An Overview of Microsoft Excel
- 3.6. Quiz
Chapter 4: Toward Business Intelligence
- 4.1. The BI Process
- 4.2. Data Warehouse
- 4.3. Data Integration
- 4.4. Data Mining
- 4.5. Metadata
- 4.6. Parallelism
- 4.7. Data Enhancement
- 4.8. Quiz
Chapter 5: Database in Business Intelligence
- 5.1. Data Models
- 5.2. Data Sources
- 5.3. Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
- 5.4. Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- 5.5. SQL Server BI
- 5.6. MySQL for BI
- 5.7. Query and Reporting
- 5.8. Quiz
Chapter 6: Applied Business Intelligence
- 6.1. BI Environment
- 6.2. The Best BI Tools
- 6.3. Data Preparation
- 6.4. Data Visualization
- 6.5. Microsoft Power BI
Chapter 7: Improve BI Performance using Data Science
- 7.1. Data Science and Business Intelligence
- 7.2. Structured Data and Unstructured Data
- 7.3. Python in Data Science
- 7.4. Machine Learning Overview
- 7.5. Augmented Analytics
- 7.6. Quiz
Chapter 8: Data Science Pipeline
- 8.1. Problem Statement
- 8.2. Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- 8.3. Data Collection and Wrangling
- 8.4. Data Profiling and Cleaning
- 8.5. Data Analysis
Chapter 9: Final Tasks
- 9.1. Final Project
- 9.2. Self-study Essay
Chapter 10: Finishing the Course
- 10.1. What We Have Learned
- 10.2. Where to Go Next?
- 10.3. Your Opinion Matters
- 10.4. Congrats! You did it!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Great subjects. Great assignment.
It shed light on what BI is.It makes you think as a BI manager.
TechClass could change my mind about online education. The learning platform was very cute. And all those illustrations make the learning process funny.
- Opens in a new window.