Google Analytics is an analytical service from Google that collects and presents statistics about site visitors. It is the most widely used website tracking and analytics tool in the world. It integrates with other Google services, such as Google Ads and Google Search Console. With Google Analytics, it is possible to monitor the profile of those who access your website, most visited pages, conversions, geolocation, devices, cities, traffic source, and other data.
The service includes dozens of filters for reports and many options that allow you to set up analytics for a project of any complexity.
In this course, you will learn the essentials of Google Analytics: creating an account, placing a tracking code on your site, analyzing basic reports, and setting up goals and campaign tracking. You will also learn how the system collects and processes the data presented in reports. You'll learn how to use custom dimensions and metrics, event tracking, and more to collect the information you need. You'll also learn advanced analytics techniques like segmentation, channel and audience reports, custom reports, and marketing strategies that allow you to serve ads to users who have already visited your site (regular and dynamic remarketing).
- Get familiar with the basic concepts of Google Analytics
- Learn how to set up Google Analytics for collecting data on the websites
- Get familiar with the Google Analytics interface, dashboards, and shortcuts
- Understand the audience, acquisition, and behavior reports
- Learn about campaigns and conversion tracking, and goal measurement
- Learn how Google Analytics collects visitors' data and processes them
- Get familiar with advanced analysis tools and techniques of Google Analytics
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Beginning with This Course
- 1.1. Our Approach in This Course
- 1.2. About TechClass Digital Marketing Department
- 1.3. Your Expectations, Goals, and Knowledge
Chapter 2: Introducing Google Analytics
- 2.1. Why Digital Analytics?
- 2.2. How Does Google Analytics work?
- 2.3. Setting up Google Analytics
- 2.4. Set up Views with Filters
- 2.5. Quiz
Chapter 3: Google Analytics Interface
- 3.1. Google Analytics Account Structure
- 3.2. Understanding Reports
- 3.3. Understanding Full Reports
- 3.4. Sharing Reports
- 3.5. Dashboards and Shortcuts
- 3.6. Quiz
Chapter 4: Google Analytics Basic Reports
- 4.1. Audience Reports
- 4.2. Acquisition Reports
- 4.3. Behavior Reports
- 4.4. Quiz
Chapter 5: Understanding Campaigns and Conversion Tracking
- 5.1. Measure Custom Campaigns
- 5.2. Tracking Campaigns With the URL Builder
- 5.3. Use Goals to Measure Business Objectives
- 5.4. Measure Google Ads Campaigns
- 5.5. Quiz
Chapter 6: Data Collection and Processing
- 6.1. Collecting data in Google Analytics
- 6.2. Segmentation by Users and Sessions
- 6.3. Applying Configuration Rules
- 6.4. Data Storage and Reporting
- 6.5. Creating a Measurement Plan
- 6.6. Organize Your Analytics Account
- 6.7. Advanced Filters for Views
- 6.8. Quiz
Chapter 7: Advanced Analysis Tools and Techniques
- 7.1. Data Segmentation in Google Analytics
- 7.2. Data Analysis by Channels
- 7.3. Analyze Data by Audience
- 7.4. Custom Reports for Data Analysis
Chapter 8: Final Tasks
- 8.1. Final Project
- 8.2. Self-study Essay
- 8.3. Congrats! You did it!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Google Analytics is just perfect. I didn’t know about its capabilities until I took the course. I’ve enrolled for Google Search Console, too, and I think these are essential if you are a website owner. Thank you, TechClass.
- Opens in a new window.