Google Sites is a Google Workspace (previously G Suite) app that includes Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, and other Google corporate productivity products. Google Sites includes site-builder capabilities, and you can use this versatile app to create a website and customize it. You need to have a Google account to work with Sites and build your own free professional website without programmer, designer, or IT help. When your site is created, it will be automatically added to Drive, similar to other files you have out there. Nowadays, a growing number of organizations and firms are utilizing Google Sites, which is part of the Google business tools suite, to create company intranets and internal project sites. Google Sites allows businesses to quickly establish secure web pages that can be used for intranets, team projects, or client extranets.TechClass Google Sites course will introduce the students to this useful app. The students will learn how to create a site using different site-builder features Google Sites offers and edit their site with other users in real-time. By the end of this course, the student will be able to create a site even if they don’t know how to code, add pages and gadgets to their site, choose who can and who can’t access their site, customize and design the pages of their site and publish or share it with others.
- Work with Google Sites to create a site
- Customize the site
- Work with the content
- Share and publish a site
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Intro to Course
- 1.1. Welcome!
- 1.2. About TechClass Office Product...
- 1.3. Learning Outcomes
- 1.4. Your Expectations, Goals, and Knowledge
- 1.5. Abbreviations
- 1.6. Copyright Notice
Chapter 2: Intro to Course
- 2.1. Welcome!
- 2.2. About TechClass Office Product...
- 2.3. Learning Outcomes
- 2.4. Your Expectations, Goals, and Knowledge
- 2.5. Abbreviations
- 2.6. Copyright Notice
Chapter 3: Introduction
- 3.1. What is Google Sites?
- 3.2. What Can You Do with Google Sites?
Chapter 4: Get Started with Google Sites
- 4.1. Sign in and Launch Google Sites
- 4.2. Google Sites Interface
- 4.3. Access Sites from Google Drive
- 4.4. Use Help
- 4.5. Quiz
Chapter 5: Work with Sites
- 5.1. Create and Name a Site
- 5.2. Choose a Site Theme
- 5.3. Copy, Delete, or Restore a Site
- 5.4. Add Logo and Favicon
- 5.5. Add Pages and Subpages
- 5.6. Work with Version History
- 5.7. Quiz
Chapter 6: Work with Content
- 6.1. Change Header Type and Image
- 6.2. Edit Page Title
- 6.3. Insert a Text Box
- 6.4. Insert Embed Code, URL, and Images
- 6.5. Layouts
- 6.6. Insert Collapsible Group
- 6.7. Insert Table of Contents
- 6.8. Insert Image Carousel
- 6.9. Insert Buttons
- 6.10. Insert Divider and Placeholder
- 6.11. Add Video from YouTube
- 6.12. Add Google Apps to a Page
- 6.13. Design Footer
- 6.14. Design Other Pages
- 6.15. Embed a Google Form into a Google Site
- 6.16. Quiz
Chapter 7: Share and Publish a Site
- 7.1. Google Sites Settings
- 7.2. Invite Others to Edit Your Site
- 7.3. Publish a Site
- 7.4. Classic Sites
Chapter 8: Final Tasks
- 8.1. Final Project
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Opens in a new window.