Nowadays, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, almost all schools, universities, and conferences have switched to online platforms; Covid-19 has changed education and businesses forever across the world. There are different platforms that provide video conferencing/teleconference to help users stay connected even if they are working remotely during the lockdown. Google Meet, previously named Google Hangouts Meet, is a video conferencing service developed by Google, which is available for everyone who has a Google account. Individuals and businesses can use Google Meet as an efficient app for making audio and video calls; it allows meetings for up to 100 participants for as long as 60 minutes.
TechClass Google Meet course will introduce the students to different features of Google Meet and how to use them effectively. Students will get familiar with the Instant meeting feature, adding guests to meetings, joining a meeting from an invitation, collaborating in a meeting, managing participants in a meeting. They will also learn how to use Google Meet on their mobile devices. By the end of this course, students are prepared to schedule meetings and use different Meet features, so they stay connected with their team and colleagues.
- Get familiar with Google Meet and the required accessories
- Learn how to start an instant meeting
- Learn how to add people to a meeting
- Learn how to join a meeting from an invitation
- Learn how to allow or deny participants
- Learn how to join from a Calendar invitation
- Get familiar with different screen layouts and how to adjust them
- Learn how to manage meeting participants
- Learn how to add captions to videos
- Learn how to chat with meeting participants
- Get familiar with Google Meet on mobile devices
- Learn how to share in a meeting
- Get familiar with Meet preferences
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Intro to Course
- 1.1. Welcome!
- 1.2. About TechClass Office Product...
- 1.3. Learning Outcomes
- 1.4. Your Expectations, Goals, and Knowledge
- 1.5. Abbreviations
- 1.6. Copyright Notice
Chapter 2: Introduction to Google Meet
- 2.1. What is Google Meet?
- 2.2. Accessories for Meet
Chapter 3: Get Started with Google Meet
- 3.1. Sign in and Launch Google Meet
- 3.2. Start an Instant Meeting
- 3.3. Add People to a Meeting
- 3.4. Join a Meeting from an Invitation
- 3.5. Allow or Deny Participants
- 3.6. Schedule a Meeting for the Future
- 3.7. Join from a Calendar Invitation
- 3.8. Quiz
Chapter 4: Collaborate in a Meeting
- 4.1. Adjust the Screen Layout
- 4.2. Manage Participants
- 4.3. Add Caption to Video
- 4.4. Chat with Meeting Participants
- 4.5. Meet on a Mobile Device
- 4.6. Quiz
Chapter 5: Share in a Meeting
- 5.1. Share or Access Shared Files
- 5.2. Share All or Part of Your Screen
- 5.3. Record a Meeting
- 5.4. Change Background
- 5.5. Use a Whiteboard
- 5.6. Quiz
Chapter 6: Meet Preferences
- 6.1. Control Notifications from Meet
- 6.2. Adjust Audio and Video
- 6.3. Quiz
Chapter 7: Final Tasks
- 7.1.Final Project
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Opens in a new window.